Fashiontalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Supermodel AU Hetalia Roleplay Community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opinions please!

Go down 
5 posters

Chatango, or not Chatano. That is the question.
Chatango
Opinions please! I_vote_lcap67%Opinions please! I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Not Chatango
Opinions please! I_vote_lcap33%Opinions please! I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Antonio FernandezCarriedo
Admin

Opinions please! Empty
PostSubject: Opinions please!   Opinions please! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm

I was thinking of switching the chatbox over to chatango. What are people's opinons on that?

Pros of Chatango:
-Noises let you know when people are speaking
-You don't have to sign into the chatbox
-You aren't constantly logged out when idling/lurking
-You do not need to make an account in the forum for when you are applying and need questions answered.

Pros of Default:
-More exclusive
-Only the people who want to chat stay online
-You can veiw the forum without being distracted by the chatbox
-No confusing account names/pictures

Chatango may use accounts, but people who wish to chat in it do not need to possess one as you can use a temporary name when you wish to chat.

Last edited by Antonio FernandezCarriedo on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://fashiontalia.rpg-board.net
Tino Väinämöinen

Tino Väinämöinen

Opinions please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please!   Opinions please! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 5:09 pm

I dunno. I'm not often on it, but there's something cute and quirky about Forumotion's chatbox. And you have to make an account for it, if you don't have one already. But it's good for not kicking you out of the chat, so you don't spam it with dots, and you can lurk without a problem. But then you don't know if they're acctually there or not, like you do with the forumotion chatbox, where you have to make a conscious effort to log in. And chatango has sounds.

...Having said that, my answer is 'Dunno.'

How helpful. :I

(On a side not, could you make the 'new post' icons a little more obvious? I keep missing them. ono)
Back to top Go down
Former Greece

Opinions please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please!   Opinions please! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:47 pm

I would say no. You don't know whose there and whose not there, and some people can't access it. Plus, if you need an account for it, it's an unneccessary hassle.
Back to top Go down
Alfred F Jones

Alfred F Jones

Opinions please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please!   Opinions please! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 11:47 pm

It doesn't matter to me. <3 Either is fine.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert Beilschmidt

Gilbert Beilschmidt

Opinions please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please!   Opinions please! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:33 pm

I loooooove chatango. I would put a YES on it, but if others are uncomfortable...
Back to top Go down
Admin

Opinions please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please!   Opinions please! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:47 pm

Hera, you don't need an account, you can still chat with a temporary name. Also, most people already have accounts and signing up for one takes about two seconds, you don't even need to go off the page, so it's not really that much of a hassle.

So here is what I will do.
I am going to install a chatango chatbox at the top of the forum and leave the default one at the bottom for now. After a few weeks, I will remove one of the chatbox based on the feedback I get from you all.
Back to top Go down
https://fashiontalia.rpg-board.net
Former Greece

Opinions please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please!   Opinions please! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:24 am

Hng...Okay. Sounds like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opinions please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please!   Opinions please! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions please!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fashiontalia :: Out of Character :: Information and Announcements-
Jump to: