Fashiontalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Supermodel AU Hetalia Roleplay Community

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retail Therapy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yao Wang

Yao Wang

Retail Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Retail Therapy   Retail Therapy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Yao heaved a deep sigh of relief when he entered the clothing store. Sure, it had a name, but Yao didn't care what it was. He simply browsed for a moment, watching the people behind the counter, because they tended to watch him. Once an associate approached him, but he insisted he needed no help.

What he did need, was something to take some of the stress off his shoulders. He felt like a complete amateur, and he still felt like everyone was judging him. Though, all of these thoughts were hid behind a firm mask of smiles, laughs, and apparent joy. Apparently everyone bought it; he hadn't had anyone approach him worrying about him.

Yao remained browsing, looking over the various types and styles of clothing. He was only vaguely aware that more juvenile cuts seemed to catch his eye. You were supposed to be the everlasting idea of beauty when you modeled anyways, so there was no real issue there.

He crossed over into the accessory section of the store. That's when his eyes feel upon them, the Hello Kitty accessories.

Yao's face lit up for real, for the first time in a long time, and he picked up all the hello kitty accessories he could find. He looked down at them with an enthusiastic grin on his face. He was so glad he kept a special "emergency" savings account for stuff like this.
Back to top Go down
http://aphelemental.proboards.com
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

Retail Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retail Therapy   Retail Therapy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Roderich waltzed into the clothing store carrying with him an air of superiority. The thickly accented man did not intend to appear high and mighty, but he still felt as though his designs were much greater than those for sale at this store. However, he could not fuss. The Austrian had ventured into the store for a reason. The photographers had the audacity to tell Roderich that he kept using the same accessories over and over again on the models. Apparently, he had to change his ways.

Roderich could not help it. He was a clothing designer, not some pansy jewelry maker. He did not feel the need to display someone else's work when showing off his own. Plus, It would be girly to go out and buy jewelry too. He was not girly and he would stand by that fact no matter the opposition.

Though, as much as he hated to admit it, these thoughts did not change the facts. Roderich currently found himself browsing the accessories this store offered with a careful eye. It was while staring these accessories down that the Austrian noticed an Asian man next to him gushing over the Hello Kitty accessories. Roderich scoffed at the sight. Loudly.

A moment later the Austrian was apologizing profusely for the act of rudeness.
Back to top Go down
http://the-horrible-sock.deviantart.com/
Yao Wang

Yao Wang

Retail Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retail Therapy   Retail Therapy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:50 pm

Yao had flinched, flinched because he hadn't expected anyone to comment on his collection of Hello Kitty accessories. He actually managed to drop a few, and bent down to pick them up, which only caused him to drop more. Now he felt like a fool, and that was just wonderful. He sighed, he'd hoped people wouldn't be like that here.

"It's fine." He muttered, and methodically repiled the accessories in his arms. Maybe this time he wouldn't drop them... But now, he wasn't really sure he wanted any of them. He began putting back the ones he didn't really want anymore, "I was just looking at them." He explained, even though it was a lie.

It never occurred to Yao that he may never meet this person again; it only occurred to him that he wanted his outward appearance to be that of a strong and powerful person. He ended up only having a Hello Kitty IPhone cover, and a hair tie. Just that would be fine.

He stood up again and looked at the man who had been apologising to him. He forced a friendly smile on his face, unsure of what to do now. It was obvious he was here looking for accessories, or he wouldn't be in this section. He also felt that, since he didn't know this person, he should probably just be on his way. No point in troubling him with his name.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

Retail Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retail Therapy   Retail Therapy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:59 pm

Feeling guilty, the Austrian instantly bent to help the Chinese man pick up his accessories. He remained politely quiet as he helped pile the items in the other man’s arms. There were no more disdainful sounds or even stares from Roderich. Instead there were guilty glances and posture.

“It really is not fine,” huffed Roderich in his thickly accented voice. He was hesitant before continuing speaking, lying, instead his gaze hesitantly lingering on a phone charm. “They are quite cute. No need to place them back because I surprised you with my horrible rudeness.”

The designer looked awkward in front of Yao, shifting and fussing with the hem of his flouncy shirt. Roderich could not look the man in the eye. He never lost his cool. He must just be overtired, or so he tried to tell himself. His quest to find accessories for models seemed long forgotten.

“Look, shall I buy them for you?” He queried, in a last ditch attempt to redeem himself.
Back to top Go down
Yao Wang

Yao Wang

Retail Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retail Therapy   Retail Therapy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:41 pm

Yao looked down at the pile of now dejected Hello Kitty accessories. He wanted them, so badly, but he didn't want to seem stupid, and he most definitely did not want to be indebted to a stranger. He shook his head stubbornly, "I was just looking at them, to decide which one I wanted." He also lied, and turned away from the accessories all together, despite the slight twang in his heart. He could always come back later, he told himself.

"Thank you for helping me pick them up though. Apparently I need more arms!" He smiled, and actually laughed just a little. Yao paused, looking down at the two things in his arms, then glanced at the other man. It was pretty obvious he didn't really want to be in the store. He turned back to him, "Why are you here if you dislike them, the accessories?" He asked, curious. He didn't want to seem annoyed, but it might be fun to help him if he needed it.

It figured, he didn't really have anything else to do for the day, he might as well try and make friends with something. Even though the shop clerks were still looking at him suspiciously, even more so since he'd dropped half their Hello Kitty accessories on the floor. Like somewhere in his scramble to pick them up, he'd been able to pocket them. Sure.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

Retail Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retail Therapy   Retail Therapy Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Roderich stared at the Chinese man skeptically as he denied his offer. Mentally, he was relieved that he would not have to spend the extra money on a stranger, but he would never admit such a thing aloud. The Austrian glanced at Yao, but the other man had turned his back on the shelves, as though going to walk away. He waited for the other man to do so, meanwhile fiddling with a Hello Kitty bow.

However, the man did not walk away. Roderich found that the prolonged interaction only made him more and more uncomfortable as time passed. Due to his hesitance for further social interaction, all he manged was a simple “You are welcome. It was no problem” before lapsing back into silence. It was the Chinese man's kind instance that made the Austrian finally give in. He would probably need help anyways. The designer may have been an expert at making clothes, and he knew what designer jewelry was the best, but he knew very little about the cheap accessories that were popular with the youth.

“I need them for photo shoots. I do not have much money, but the models always look a bit bare...or so Antonio says...I do not have time to make anything either,” explained the Austrian, stress seeping into his voice as he spoke. Recounting his problem to another only made it seem worse.
Back to top Go down
Yao Wang

Yao Wang

Retail Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retail Therapy   Retail Therapy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:06 pm

((Oh my god that took me SOO long, my most sincere apologies! >.<))

While Yao waited for the answer, he wondered if perhaps he'd annoyed the other man. Having a conversation with a stranger was, typically, not many people's idea of fun. People tended to think it was annoying and awkward, but he'd been to curious not to ask.

Yao blinked, shocked for a moment. "Wh-Wait you work at the modelling agency too?" He asked, his voice also showing just how surprised he was. Though, he guessed that would happen often seeing as the mall was so close to the agency... Still! Small world, as they said.

Yao was pleased actually, maybe now he could have a friend... Though it didn't seem like they were starting out on a very good foot, he glanced at the things he'd put back. No point in getting all upset about it now, he told himself, it had been his decision to put them back in the first place.

An idea came to him at that moment, "I... I could help you!" Yao said, smile still on his face, "I love accessories and stuff!" Maybe if they restarted this, then they could actually be friends. Maybe if the Austrian wasn't looking he could grab all those accessories again…
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

Retail Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retail Therapy   Retail Therapy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:01 pm

((Naaah, it's cool. *throws love upon*))
Roderich raked his eyes down the Chinese man in a calculating way, trying to figure out exactly how he was associated with the agency. He certainly had the almost androgynous body that the agency seemed to require. There were very few female models hired at the agency, leaving Roderich to force men into woman's fashion. It was always an amusingly strange experience.

“Ja, I am a designer. You are a model?” Though, he phrased the question more as a statement. The Austrian decided that he would probably would know the smaller man if he worked elsewhere in the building. As for models, well they were all far too similar looking in his opinion.

Roderich could barely conceal the grateful look he wanted to give the strange model. He would not admit outright that he needed help from anyone. He merely nodded at the Chinese man, trying to hide his own inabilities without being too impolite.

“That is very kind of you. It certainly would not hurt to have a bit of company while I shop too,” he paused in thought for a moment. “Ah, and my name is Roderich.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Retail Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retail Therapy   Retail Therapy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retail Therapy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fashiontalia :: Around the City :: The Shopping Centre-
Jump to: